Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Christmas Party Preparation and all the side trips!

Mabilis tumatakbo ang araw. Maiksi lang ang pagpaplano at tila medyo nangangapa pa kung paano magagawa ng tama ang mga bagay na gusto naming mangyari sa party ni DIVA MONTELABA. We want it to be simple but objectively  maging masaya at maayos ang buong event na ito. Ganoon pa man, kahit gaano pa kahirap maipon ang mga kaibigan ni Diva, tuloy pa din ang pinakahihintay na Christmas Party.


Naging abala na ako bago pa man sumapit ang araw na ito. Sinimulan kong bulabugin ang araw ni Diva sa ganap na alas sais ng umaga! I had arrived on her house one hour earlier than Diva's expected time . We're together to shop for gifts! What is Christmas Party without Christmas gifts anyway?  Kahit pa gaano ka-simple yan, mas importante ang act of giving and sharing. Hindi ganoon ka-specific ang mga items na we wanted to buy at dahil diyan hindi rin naging specific ang lugar na aming pupuntahan. But still, we made it possible to shop for a shorter period of time. Sa simula, I am only with the company of Diva and a common friend Lodz. We shop ‘til Diva get tired and hungry. Pancit Canton for them and  hot noodle soup  for me to fill up our stomach sa isang nadaanan na eatery. As simple as how I know Diva, wala naman siyang kiyeme kung sa simpleng eatery kami kumain. In fact she was the one who pulled us there! :) Game na game kaming tatlo sa ganyan. It's not being stingy....it's just one of her trips... Food Trip anywhere!



And speaking of trip, we also had our first Road Trip around Binondo via controversial KULIGLIG. (Kuliglig is the name given to motorized Pedicab.) Since the street then is no longer populated with shoppers compared before Christmas,  but still very busy, we decided to have our first exciting Kuliglig ride instead of walking with our heavy loads back to the car. 

Next stop was Quiapo, to pick up another DIVAholic friend, Ria. After 6 hours of working in a grave yard shift, Ria was still full of energy to join our shopping adventure. This time sa napakaingay na Raon naman kami nagpunta. After ng tawaran at baratan sa electronic item na pinili namin, we decided to eat lunch before parting ways. We went to the nearest mall from Diva’s place, Ali Mall. There, we chilled ourselves in a Pizza resto. Then I found out that it was Diva’s first time to get in that mall, kahit na it’s very near from them. Hindi lang daw nasanay, maybe because of the existence of many and bigger malls in Quezon City. . Ali Mall is the first mall in Metro Manila, one of the former busiest too, named after Muhammad Ali. Built after his historical bout with Joe Fraizer, The Thrilla In Manila which happened in Araneta Coliseum in 1975. At isa sa tambayan ko during my college years since I was a product of one of Quezon City schools.



The following day became busier for me. I wanted to finish all the souvenir items I customized, but unluckily hassles came along. My time was well-managed but the people who has something to do with all the stuff I am preparing has the problem that afftected so much my own time at ganoon na din ang  ibang trabaho na dapat kong ma-accomplish that day. Nevertheless, I had finished it just on time. After eating lunch with my kids, heto na ang walang tigil na pag-alert ng cellphone ko. I hate texting,  but I don’t have any choice than to reply. Hinahanap na ako ng mga DIVAholics at ni Diva. So heto ako, feeling dizzy for going back and forth, don’t know kung ano ang dapat unahin. In other words, natataranta na ako. J No matter how I wanted to rush, it’s useless. I am at a distance of close to 44km away from the heart of Metro Manila, and I really cannot estimate my travel time due to whole day traffic.  While on my way, my phone was still so busy posting same text messages of “Where are you now?” How I wish I could fly, for sure, walang traffic sa ulap. How I wish could make it earlier, pero alam kong it's really difficult. I just hope I didn’t disappoint the people who’s expecting too much from me, especially Diva. I arrived at GMA to pick up  Mitch, Hayzeline, Rodnie and Angelie who’s waiting for me near the GMA entrance gate. Not wasting too much time, we rush to FUEL UP KTV Bar at Commmonwealth Ave. to start the PARTY!!!


posted by apriljheng

0 comments: